Sunday, February 18, 2007

Writing 101...Senior year?!?

When I started this online journal I made a loose promise to blog once a week, or so. There are many posts, nearly thirty, if I remember correctly. That probably averages out to nearly one a week. However, they have not come weekly as promised. For this, I am sorry.

The main purpose behind this blog was to keep my brother and sister-in-law apprised of the events happening in my life, as my bro always says, "Details, I want details!" This blog has turned out to be more of a chronicle of fun events and humorous circumstances than a weekly update on the details of my life. One thing that I have discovered in my time as a blogger is that I enjoy writing!

SHHHHH! Don't tell my Writing Effective Prose professor. I waited until my senior year of college to take that infernal, freshman level course. And then I only got a B. Writing was not a passion for me, but I felt as if I could put out a good paper. When this class began the prof proceeded to pick writing apart to the tiny, seemingly inconsequential details. I'm sure that I learned something, but after that class I always, ALWAYS, turned in papers with a question mark as to my paragraph lengths, word choices, citation style, never again did the confidence of my previous college experience back me up.

Ah well, I suppose learning a little bit from a good teacher can show you just how little you really know about a subject. Maybe, that is what I was suffering from there. Even still, I am glad to say that I have found fun, relaxation, deep thought, and even joy from the writing of these blog entries! If for nothing else than laughing at my own posts, this blog is a success in my eyes.

No comments: