Friday, May 23, 2008

South Carolina and the Hope in Sun

I know this seems a little after the fact, but our family trip (unfortunately, minus Lars) to South Carolina was such a good time. Since then, I've been trying to brainstorm ideas for how to spend more time on the beach than working. So far the only plausible ideas are: a. winning the lottery, or, b. finding a long lost rich uncle. Neither of those things seem to be panning out so I guess I'll have to enjoy vacation for what it is, vacation. I keep trying to convince myself that living at the beach and spending my days sun-bathing, drinking iced coffee, shopping, and exercising would get boring. I guess I'm not very self convince-able.



After spending a week on the beach on Hilton Head Island and soaking the sun deep into my bones, I am ready for summer! It is the middle of May and I feel as if the temperatures should be on the upswing, but they seem to be hovering around coldish. However, we have had days and days of mostly sunny skies. The sun does great things to help me see and remember that God is still good, even and especially in the midst of hard. The sun reminds me that spring is coming and that spring brings new life and a reminder that He is in control of that life, whatever that may look like. This I know in my head, and I'm trying to let it sink into my heart and remember, even feel it at the core of who I am.

Every day, because of His grace.

No comments: