Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mini Update

Its been a while, I know. I've been a little disconnected from the blogging world. So much has happened since I last wrote. I'm still running, I still don't love running, but gradually I'm adding miles and I think, that by October 5 I'll be able to run the Ten Miler. We'll see...I think both Liz and Rachael are ahead of me in their training. Even though the actual running isn't fantastic yet, it's getting better, and I really love how I'm feeling after my runs are done. I've found a few people who will do some running with me, so I stay relatively motivated. I should go six and a half miles this week...we'll see.

I ran the Firecracker Four on July 4 and then promptly headed home and got in a fender bender. Apparently being hit from behind is not always the other person's fault. The man who hit me talked the police officer into citing me for the accident that happened from behind me. Frustrating, but it probably was my fault. That is why we have insurance, right? All will be settled except I need to find a replacement for dear Hans, the Jetta that has faithfully gotten me to and fro for the past few years. He's drive-able for the time being, but I need a new car. If anyone has a lead on an economical little car, let me know!

What else? I bought a plane ticket to go and visit Elizabeth, the Nordberg's, and the North Country for a week in August. It will be great! I'm excited to see her new house and help with whatever 'projects' that need doing. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we'll get to do some water sports, that should be good. She just got all of her household goods from storage, where they have been since being packaged up in Italy. It will be nice to see some of the things that Christian and Liz shared, but tough at the same time, I'm sure. I really miss him, a lot.

More to come soon...I think. Stay posted!

1 comment:

Living Stone said...

Great update!
Will pray that God leads you to just the right car for you!!!
YAY for August's travel plans!!!