Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Once Again... ARMY TEN-MILER

Just a reminder... its quickly approaching!

Dear Family and Friends,

On October 5, 2008 (less than three weeks) I will be running in support of our nation’s surviving military families by participating with the TAPS “2008 Run and Remember Team" in the Army Ten-Miler race.

The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) is a non-profit organization that reaches out to families and loved ones who have suffered the loss of a loved one in the Armed Forces.

TAPS provides on-going emotional help, hope, and healing to all Military surivors. They provide peer support services 24-hours a day, hold Survivor Seminars and Good Grief Camps for both adults and children to help them work through their grief. My sister-in-law was very impressed by what they had to offer and how they helped in the face of great loss. She asked me to run with her, so here I am.

This year, I will be running in memory of my brother, Captain Christian Philip Skoglund. Many of you knew Christian and to know him was to love him! He is missed every day. If you are able, please help me to honor his memory by supporting me in this race. Funds raised by this event flow directly into TAPS' programs which support the families of our brave men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this great nation.

For more information on TAPS' programs, visit www.taps.org.

"Remember the Love, Celebrate the Life, Share the Journey."

Sincerely,

Maja Kay Skoglund

Here is the link to my TAPS page:



https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=273178&lis=1&kntae273178=AC358C0FCBB74BF1A2A94152E380F032&supId=223384751

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you need to blog more, please.
thank you.
alissa