Thursday, January 25, 2007

Guac-Off

So, the rumor on the street is that there is going to be a guacamole contest, otherwise known as a Guac-Off. My friend Dan Haydn and I are both big guacamole fans and we've both been known to make a mean batch of the green goodness. So, over burritos at Beans and Barley the idea to have a hang-out night with two kinds of guacamole was tossed around. Just days later, as we sat at Oscar's after Impact, a contest was mentioned. I, being the competitive spirit that I am, jumped right in on that idea.

This week, as told by one Ryan Leavitt, avacados are buy-one-get-one-free at your friendly neighborhood Jewel. If this is the case, what better time to have a Guac-Off? I can see it now...a new annual, or even bi-annual event. Guacamole makers and lovers far and wide will be flocking to the suburbs of Milwaukee just to be a part of this wondrous contest. What started as two 20-somethings having a friendly competition just may turn into a new phenomenon.

I am, however, a little nervous. What if people don't like my guacamole? What if it is terrible? What if I get a bad batch of avacados? What if I've been bragging about something that actually doesn't taste any good? This really could be a humbling experience...how does it go? Ah yes, pride cometh before the fall. Oh well, all in good fun, all in good fun. Get ready for some guac-a-mo-le!

And here are the contestants:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you'll win.


Unless his secret recipe involves a trip to Chipotle© and a great deal of cash.

Anonymous said...

good luck in the guac -off. Sorry I am going to miss it, my palate has expanded to accomadate teh delicious tang of my second favorite hispanic condiment, still ove Salsa - YOU WILL BE HERE SOON !! By the way, when the rents were here, i beat dad in scrabble, neve rbeen done before ...!! CPS

Anonymous said...

Who's that hottie your competing against? I vote for him, he looks like he knows Guac.I think you should write a Hi-Ku about Guac that might help your chances. Good luck! Great pics too.(of the both of you)

Anonymous said...

roses are red
guacamole is green
your the best darn sister
I've ever seen