Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Consummate Procrastinator

I know that it isn't Sunday afternoon, but as I think about how to go about blogging I've decided that Sunday afternoons are a perfect time to blog. I have this vision of family dinner, leisurely nap under the mink, or in front of the fireplace, then, with steaming mocha in hand, let the creative juices flow.

I know this girl who made a New Year's resolution to blog everyday. Admirable, to be sure, but practical? I think not, not for me anyways. Sunday afternoons seem perfectly suited to a small summary of the previous week's events and some deeply insightful reflections about them.

You know what the real beauty of this blog is? It is going to give me yet another reason to procrastinate. That is one verb I am very good at. As the matter of fact, I am in the thick of a major bout of procrastination right now. I mean, this Thursday brings the midterm of the one class that I am taking this smemster. I neeeed to study, but everything that is in me just wants to fritter away my time.

One little lesson I was reminded of today and then I need to sign off. My friend lost her purse and I was worried that it might have been my fault. I was driving, and I thought I locked the car, but who really knows? I felt horrible! So, for the rest of the night and most of today I was thinking about it. I was thinking how much time it would take to replace everything in the purse and how much money it would take to replace it all (the wallet, the credit cards, the drivers license, the cash, the ipod). I don't always do this, but every time I thought about it, I remembered to pray about it. Guess what? She found it, at a coffee shop in Delafield that we went to! Praise the Lord, I love it that I serve a God that still cares about the little things that I am concerned about. Yes, it was just stuff, but stuff that would have caused major headaches to have missing. Anyways, I was blessed by this little reminder of God's presence in our lives, ALL of the time!

No comments: