Sunday, October 29, 2006

Success

So, the procrastinator strikes again. I took that excrutiating midterm and once again I was rewarded for the fabulous cramming techniques I have honed over the past eight years of higher education. Not only was I able to identify all three listenings (out of 60 possibilities) but I also knew the musical score that needed identifying and I rocked out on an essay question about the music of the Reformation and the Counter-Reformation. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm pretty proud of that test.

I talked to my brother and sister-in-law the other day and they were bugging me to blog more and just talk about what is going on. They were the whole inspiration for this blog so I guess I should take their advice and give them what they want to hear. First off, it was so good to talk with them! I miss them both. I know that Liz has only been (technically) family for a few months now, but, even though we've never lived close I wish I could just call them up and go and hang out. Too bad they live in Italy... So, here is to details.

I played my violin in church this morning. Recently, we've formed what they call the YAWT, Young Adults Worship Team. I think we could come up with something better than that. If you have any good ideas, just leave a comment. I really appreciate this group of people, all ready and willing to give their time and talents to serve the Lord. I think that it is such a privilege to be able to lead others in musical worship, even as you yourself are able to worship. Its kind of a unique position.

My mom made a bet with me the reward was a great white shirt from Banana Republic, if, of course, I followed through. She is such a softie...I think she wanted to eat her words as soon as she said them, but I won the bet and I am now the proud owner of a brand new, white, button down blouse. She should know better than to make a bet that involves shopping, especially at a place like Banana. I'll do all I can to win!

I don't know, I guess there aren't a ton of details, but I'm out of things to write. Maybe more before next Sunday, maybe not, we'll see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Sundays that you are all up there.