Monday, November 06, 2006

Count 'em...ten!

I got ten, count them, ten hours of sleep last night. To put it simply, amazing! After three really short nights and a lot of miles on my car, I was spent. So, Saturday night I went to see a band play up in Milwaukee and I slipped my driver's license and credit card into my back pocket so I wouldn't have to keep track of a purse, smart move, right? After the ensuing late night, I had to be up and in the car at the crack of dawn to play a church gig in Chicago.

I had my trip all planned. First, I would eat my mug of oatmeal then I would pull off the freeway into the Lake Forest Oasis for a very large, very caffeinated, very hot, very wonderful jolt of liquid energy. And oh, was I looking forward to that latte! But, for those of you who are good at reading between the lines, you know what comes next. As I was about to pull off, I realized that my cash, my credit card, as well as my license were all in the back pocket of last night's jeans. AAAHHHHH! How frustrating. I can't even stand it. So, not only no coffee, but no license which turned me into a very careful driver. I wanted there to be no excuse to get pulled over, and, what if I ran out of gas. Heaven forbid! Anyways, I got to the job, and back home in one piece.

Then a birthday party for my twin, nine year old, first cousins, once-removed. These two crack me up, they are the very definition of string beans! Oh, to be nine again. I think that might be the very zenith of childhood. Still a little girl, but old enough to have some independence from mom. Getting lost in the fun of reading books, loving anything pink and sparkly, having a secret world up in a tree, building forts out of furniture and sheets...so wonderful. Being 26 has its perks though too!

My next project on the world wide web is to figure out how to make my blog pretty. I may need some help, but we'll see. I'd like to think that I've got the brain power to figure it out on my own, but when I have EPKS, computer genius living in my house, it's hard not to ask for help.

Its Monday of a busy week, but a friend of mine recently told me that he is trying to have a better attitude towards Mondays. They get such a bad rap. Think this way, a new week, another chance, a fresh start, a whole week ahead of you, rested from your weekend, what could go wrong? Instead of wishing that it was still Saturday afternoon, revel in the beginning of a new week. Especially on ten hours of sleep!

No comments: