Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Where should I start?

Maybe with the bad. Today, in church, the team that I am on was supposed to lead worship. Rehearsal usually begins at 7:45am, before the service. This is not usually a problem for me. True, sometimes I get there with no make-up on or my hair just out of rollers, but I'm usually punctual.

Not so this morning. Do you ever have one of those mornings where, you have no idea how it was that the alarm didn't wake you up? This was one of those. The alarm was set for 6:25am and I got a call at 8:25 waking me up! That is one of the worst feelings for a musician. Needless to say, I flew out to church with hair askew and morning breath. I did not play for the congregational singing, which is what I usually do, but there was an ensemble piece that I had to be there for. I feel like an idiot. And I still haven't figured out what happened with the alarm (it was set for the right time in the am and it was still on when I got up), I don't know. There you have the bad. Oh, and I killed a rabbit with my car yesterday.

Now this, this is good news. Maybe not for all of you, but definitely for me. I went bowling with some friends last night and I scored my highest score of my life. Bowling, for me, is generally a social occasion. I don't make it a priority to learn the technique or lingo or whatnot. Don't laugh...promise me you won't...I bowled a 120! That was exciting for me, truly exciting.


More good...I went to a new church tonight. Now, now, don't worry. I'm not planning on leaving or switching churches, but I've been curious about this church for a while. They meet on Sunday evenings and are located on the east side of Milwaukee...I love the east side! Epikos is a small church and young in a lot of ways, but I truly enjoyed the service. The congregation seemed quite young, the worship leaders were young, and the head pastor was super young (for a head pastor). The music was good, the preaching was solid, straight from the Word of God, and people were warm and friendly.

Now the ugly, but have no fear there is a happy ending. You know how little kids drool when they are teething and if it is winter their chins get all chapped up? Well, this weekend I had an allergic reaction (I think to the wool in a new sweater) and my chin ended up chap city! It made me feel very self conscious, very. However, I have to make a product endorsement right here. Andra Sina, a skin care company from California that is owned by a friend of my aunt, developed an aloe based healing cream that I am 100% sold on! My chin, in a matter of 24 hours went from super painful to almost gone. Simply amazing!

There you have it...the good, the bad, and the ugly. All wrapped up in one neat and tidy blog.

*This blog is dedicated to my brother and sister-in-law in Italy, here's to the details!*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your chin is almost gone?

I didn't even notice…