Thursday, November 16, 2006

The "!"

I think I've fallen victim to the monster of exclamation over-use. I was looking at my past blogs and I realized that I'd ended all but one of my blogs with exclamation points. If you had to make a judgment about who I am by reading my blog, I think you would come away with the wrong picture, all because of those exclamation points. If we talked, I mean had a real face-to-face conversation, all of said conversations would not end with a "WA-HOO!" kind of sentiment. Don't get me wrong, I get involved and invested in my interactions, I'm just not one of those "super" excited types. I think I was using them because I was enthused about the subject matter, (or maybe to be finishing the blog), but not because I'm feeling and exuberant yell inside. Is it proper to use them if you are excited, or does it have be an actual exclamation? Maybe a healthy dose of enthusiasm is all that is needed for a well placed exclamation point. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had face-to-face conversations with you and "Perky Maja", usually brought about by copious amounts of caffeine might actually end conversations with WAA-HOO!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you blogged on a Thursday! How fantastic! See, I support the use as frequently as needed of the "!"