Saturday, November 25, 2006

Mr. P's Discount Tires

What do a Buzz Lightyear look-alike, a crazy lady, a man in a Jagermeister jacket, two women carrying identically hideous Dooney and Burke purses all have in common? Well, let me tell you. They all lost precious hours of their life waiting with Beth and me in the "lobby" of Mr. P's Discount Tires. Hours never to be retrieved.

I spent a portion of Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) with my friend Beth getting a new rim and tire put on her beloved Mercury Tracer station wagon, otherwise known as Gustavus (with the emphasis on the goose). We will never be recommending Mr. P's Discount Tires to our friends. It was a horrible experience made better only by the composition of haikus as we sat and observed the crazy cacophony going on around us.

Let the haiku's speak for the experience:

Beth's car got some flats
Mr. P's is frightening
I'm scared for my life

Jagermeister's mad
I'm smelling like an ash tray
Thank you, Mr. P's

Shady, Shady place
Mr. P's needs a face-lift
People keep coming

Whole foods sounds yummy
Mr. P's makes me pensive
Odd man keeps cursing

Eye Candy walks in
We were getting discouraged
He brightened our day

There you go...they speak for themselves. Hope you enjoyed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking your blog again...I like it. This post is so funny!

Anonymous said...

You two should keep up the Haiku poem writing. Definitely portrayed the experience of the day. Why did you guys go on Black Friday? Good tire sales? Glad to see you are blogging more then once a week. I am enjoying the pics. Hope Thanksgiving was great on Orchard Street.