Monday, December 18, 2006

Beware, the wierdness!

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Do you ever have those moments that are so incredibly hysterical, yet if you tried to explain them to an outsider they sound completely dumb? They happen all of the time in my life. Take tonight for example. I'm fried, which always leads to a little punchiness. I was standing at the kitchen counter eating a clementine and these amazing Belgian chocolate chips. An interesting little snack, to be sure. Well, my mom came and was eating them too. I then proceeded to steal some chocolate and then some clementine. My mom, unhappy about her disappearing stash, built a small wall (out of clementine sections) in front of her chocolate. My chocolate attacked and absconded with a section of clementine wall. Then in an effort to fortify her wall, she choose to build another layer of wall, using a squash. Well, my clementine soldiers quickly marched around the squash seven times and then yelled very loudly as the wall came crashing down. All of this to great tears of laughter and raucous yelling. If that doesn't scream "wierdness gene" I don't know what does!

As I read over my story, it sounds ridiculous to the tenth degree, not even really funny. But, isn't that the joy of families and close friends. Things that would normally be mundane and ordinary can turn into fun and unexpected moments of joy! I am so thankful that I have a family with which I can laugh so hard that I cry. It is moments like these I know that I am blessed beyond measure for the love and support that they freely pour into my life. My parents, and brothers too, have shown me what it means to be beloved. So often, they paint a picture of what Christ's love looks like for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm working on a little wall of Baklava, myself. The quality of Carly's peanut trumpeters remains to be discovered. I'll keep you posted.

:)

Anonymous said...

I say,
The chocolate should always be victorious !!! Did the clemetine empire send little wedge soldiers up and over the ruins of the wall ?? Did little peel emesaries try to make peace before war was declared ?? The point of contention was defintiely ownership of the strip of fresh cutouts bordering there two lands . . .

Anonymous said...

Love the color change! :