Saturday, December 23, 2006

Worst Test Ever!

It's been five days since my music history exam. One of the worst studying experiences of my life! I don't think I've ever spent so much time studying for one test, only to feel completely unprepared as I walked into the classroom to actually take the test. Over the course of one semester we whipped through nearly a millennium and a half of musical progress. The final, being completely comprehensive for the whole semester, was a bear. The class was responsible for being able to identify over a hundred pieces of music by title, composer, genre, and date. So basically, the professor played a piece and we have to say what it is. Not only that, we also had to know why they were important, how they fit together, and how they effected the pieces that came after them. Scary! But, as the saying goes, all's well that ends well. It was hard, but I'm glad I studied as much as I did and I think I did alright. It feels so good to be done, I can't even stand it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is a lot more intense than the description you gave me. Did your hatred for that test grow after we last spoke? Let it go, Maja. Let it go...

John Choi said...

Hey,
That class was cake. I didn't have to study for it at all. I guess some people have a natural ability and come have to work at it. It was an easy class. I would do it again in a second.(Just kidding. That class and the final was horrible)