Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Three Cheers for Twinkle!

I was just thinking that it may be time for another post. I feel like saying "everything is just so busy," but I also think that I use that excuse all of the time, so it isn't really even an excuse anymore. I think that every time I make that comment I need to pay myself a fine, you know have a 'busy jar.' I feel like it sounds lame too, because really, everyone is busy and we are all understanding of one another. I guess I'll just have to think of more creative excuses!

Anyways, my fifth grade students, at Heritage Christian School, played their first strings concert today; all four of them. Three violins, Samantha, Abigail, and Ellen, and one viola, Lance. They did so well. You know, when I decided to start teaching I wondered if I would soon grow tired of hearing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. I'm happy to say that I LOVE Twinkle, even more than when I first started teaching. It represents so much accomplishment and dedication and practice. When my students play Twinkle from start to finish, in tune, with the correct bowing for the first time I almost get a little teary. Shocking, I know, especially coming from me. What can I say?! Maybe the ice is melting and I'm going to turn into a softie after all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Ice Queen is melting? This could be the end of an era.

Anonymous said...

Twinkle never gets old.
cd

Lucky's mom said...

Yay! I like your blog too! I just feel like I got a glimpse into your life, and that's exciting! Have a great day, Maja!